December 2017  
SMTWTFS
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31    
Bible Search
Our History

Our Beginnings

In 1922 Rev. Tom Knight moved to Okahumpka from Green Cove Springs to teach public school.  Brother Knight, also a Baptist preacher felt led to seek permission from the school board to hold a special revival meeting in the local school building.  During the summer of 1923 permission was granted and a revival meeting was held with several young people saved and baptized. 

Later that year, Nov. 12, 1923, nine charter members  met for the purpose of organizing a Baptist church to be called - First Baptist Church of Okahumpka. The church would be located on County Road 470 where it would remain for the next 83 years.

Our Present

In March 2007 First Baptist Church of Okahumpka celebrated a move to a new worship location.  This move was initiated some ten years prior with a vision for growth and expansion shared by then pastor, Chet Coker.  The congregation began to pray and give financially toward a future building fund.  This vision for future expansion was kept alive by Pastor Hoss Moore (2000-2004) and much of the preparation work on a new plot of land was completed as well as significant spiritual growth within the congregation. 

Fall of 2004, FBCO called Chris Hayes who served as pastor until December of 2008.  Shortly after his arrival the need to move forward with the long awaited building project was certain.  With much anticipation built within the congregation and community the "vision" became a reality.  Today the worship services at First Baptist Church are filled with members and visitors weekly, and its congregation has set new sights upon continued growth.  

  

 

Contents © 2017 First Baptist Church of Okahumpka | Church Website Provided by mychurchwebsite.net | Privacy Policy